THIS ITEM SHIPS FREE TO THE LOWER 48 UNITED STATES.
**For inquiries/orders outside the lower 48 USA, please contact us for a shipping quote at JackWagonOverlanding@gmail.com**
*Interested in King Shocks? Reach out to us for availability and to confirm fitment with your vehicle!*
-2014 G550 "Jack Wagon" (Black with Black Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 50mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 2059 18" Beadlock Wheels and Maxxis Razr MTs size 285/75/18 (35" Tire).
-2011 G550 (Black with Green Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 50mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 0492 16" Beadlock Wheels and Toyo Open Country ATs size 315/75/16 (35" Tire).
-2003 G500 (Silver with Black Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 30mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 1873 16" Beadlock Wheels and Milestar Patagonia MTs size 35x12.5/R16 (35" Tire).
-2005 G55 AMG (Light Blue with Black Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks (now using King 2.5 Adjustable Shocks) in combination with the Alpha Equipt 18" Grenade Wheels and Falken Wildpeak ATs size 35x12.5/R18 (35" Tire).
The JWO 4 Inch (100mm) Lift Kit takes your G Wagon to new heights. After being a part of and catering to the G community for the last few years and working directly with clients all over the world, we have designed and developed a complete 4 inch lift kit we hope will meet the needs for many within the G Off Roading and Overlanding community including all necessary parts to correct suspension geometry. This kit isn't just for looks, it's fully functional and off road capable!
We currently recommend this for LWB (4/5 door models) only. SWB (2/3 door models) may not take the lift correctly as they are much lighter and will cause the truck to sit beyond 4 inches of lift and may require further modifications to perform correctly. 460/461 models have not been tested with this lift so ride height gained on those is still unknown. We are willing to try anything but want to consider some factors before giving approval.
Items Included (Optional Items Italicized):
-JWO 4 Inch (100mm) Lift Springs
-*Longer Shocks (Koni Raid or Fox 2.0 Adjustable)
-JWO Caster Correction Offset Bushings
-Eurowise Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard (Track) Bars
-Extended Brake and Locker Lines
-Fox Steering Stabilizer
-H&R Wheel Spacers (none/30mm/50mm)
*King Shocks also an upgradeable option - reach out to us for more information
The most common challenges we have heard in the past were:
1. Needing to be able to clear a larger tire than a 33" without rubbing the wheel well and suspension components
2. Not going extreme with other suspension components/modifications necessary for the lift and making the lift as much plug and play as possible
3. Having a rear spring that accommodates for more weight in the rear for long expeditions and heavily weighted overlanding adventures but still providing enough travel/extension for aftermarket shocks without the risk of a spring coming loose
How did we fix this?
- With the lift gained from the JWO 4 Inch Coil Lift Springs, you can now run 35 inch tires without any rubbing issues on or off road with proper suspension modifications provided in this kit. Previously, a 2 inch lift would only allow you to run a 33 inch tire without any rubbing on and off road. After the installation of this lift on the 2014 G550 "Jack Wagon", the center of center cap to bottom of fender flare measurement is 24" at front and 24.5" at rear. We use this metric to gauge lift height as measuring from top of tire to bottom of fender flare can be misleading since tire wear, actual tire size, and other tire related factors have to be taken into account. This is a full proof measurement that allows you to properly gauge how much lift your G Wagon has. For reference, stock height models ranged in the 19-21" range based on year model, equipment added, and wear of the vehicle. To calculate the wheel well clearance your truck would have, simply take the center of center cap to bottom of fender flare measurement and subtract half of the diameter (the radius) of your tire choice. For this lift with 35 inch tires, the measurement would be 24-17.5 for a total wheel well clearance of 6.5 inches in the front wheel well.
- In addition to running 35 inch tires, this kit was designed to provide a lift height that would not require major suspension/geometry modifications. With this kit, only our Caster Correction Offset Bushings are required to fix caster which is the alignment of your drive shaft and front axle connections. Going higher can require longer control arms altogether or drop down brackets and those options are much more costly than the Caster Correction Offset Bushings and can require welding in the drop brackets' case.
With any lift higher than stock, as you increase height, the track of the tires begins to shift towards the driver side and your tires will poke out more on the driver side than the passenger side. Not fixing this can cause your vehicle to lean to one side, sit uneven, throw false caster readings, and cause rear steer. All of which can be eye sores and can cause problems while driving. Because of this, we include the Eurowise Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard Bars with this kit to line up the tires and axle to the center of the truck. With these adjustable bars, you can get the exact track you desire with finetuned adjusting rather than relying on a solid track bar that would only allow for one setting and only work at one specific lift height.
We also include the Fox Steering Stabilizer to allow for more ease in steering since larger tires are being added and that weight causes more work to be needed when steering. Extended Brake and Lockers Lines are also included as they make the installation easier and prevent the factory lines from being over stretched when drooping your wheels down. Lastly, if you do not have a wheel (rim) with a wide stance/offset, we give the option to add the H&R Wheel Spacers to make sure the tires do not contact the wheel well when turning or articulating the tires into the wheel well. These spacers are technically "adapters" not the "disks" you may have heard of before. The adapters we sell come with their own set of bolts to connect the spacer/adapter to the wheel hub and the factory bolts are used to connect the wheel to the spacer/adapter for increased load distribution and best results.
- Studying the different spring options available, many sit great unloaded and can be useful for off roading but quickly sag when weight is added onto the rack, into the trunk, or onto a towed trailer. Others are better at handling the weight and do not sag as much but do not give enough extension length to keep the springs properly seated when flexing the wheels out of the wheel well and can be harsh off road because of stiffness and high spring rate. We combined the best of both worlds by making a dual rated rear spring that has a stiffer primary rate that is active while driving on road and a softer secondary rate that allows for more comfortable off roading which is activated when the wheels are traveling outside of the typical on road suspension cycle. All of this accomplished while still allowing for maximum extension length and supporting increased loads in the rear for all of the true overlanders out there!
Finally, we currently offer this lift kit with the option to include the Koni Raid Shocks or the Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks. These are the most readily available options and feature longer extension lengths than factory options to allow for increased droop and wheel travel while off roading. Other options may become available in the future but these are our two main options for now. The Koni Raid shocks are only semi adjustable but have a 2.75 inch diameter and are very responsive on and off road. The Fox 2.0 Shocks are smaller in diameter but have the remote reservoir and adjustable knob so you can fine tune your ride as you go. Because you are lifting the center of gravity of your truck, it is important to consider a slightly stiffer setting on your shocks to minimize increased body roll.
*Although this kit is all inclusive and capable of functional on and off road use, we strongly encourage using caution (as you always should) during the installation and use of this kit. Please familiarize yourself with all parts provided and the new handling of the vehicle immediately. Jack Wagon Overlanding will not be held responsible for any problems, damages, losses, or faults that come with or after the installation of this kit.
*Cruise control aka Disctronic Plus will most likely be inoperable with this level of lift and speedometer will show a lower speed than you are going. Older models may be able to reprogram the tire size in the computer to correct speedometer but the front bumper sits too high for Distronic to operate correctly. This is unavoidable at this height hence why 4x4 squareds and the 6x6 G Wagon do not have cruise control.. Further, depending on the tire size and wheel offset you go with, it is still possible for some rubbing to happen in extreme conditions. We recommend a 285/75/18 or a similar 35x11 - 35x11.5" tire with an offset no higher than +20 for best results. This would mean adding a 50mm wheel spacer to stock wheels or a 30mm wheel spacer to some aftermarket options with wider offsets.