THIS ITEM SHIPS FREE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.
**For inquiries/orders outside the USA, please contact us for a shipping quote at JackWagonOverlanding@gmail.com to complete your order**
*King shocks will require removing a bracket from 2013-2018 G63 AMG models. All other models only require trimming a piece of the wheel liner.
-2014 G550 "Jack Wagon" (Black with Black Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 50mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 2059 18" Beadlock Wheels and Maxxis Razr MTs size 285/75/18 (35" Tire).
-2011 G550 (Black with Green Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 50mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 0492 16" Beadlock Wheels and Toyo Open Country ATs size 315/75/16 (35" Tire).
-2003 G500 (Silver with Black Wheels) with choice of Koni Raid Shocks and 30mm H&R Wheel Spacers in combination with the Hutchinson Rock Monster 1873 16" Beadlock Wheels and Milestar Patagonia MTs size 35x12.5/R16 (35" Tire).
The JWO 4 Inch (100mm) Lift Kit takes your G Wagon to new heights. After being a part of and catering to the G community for the last few years and working directly with clients all over the world, we have designed and developed a complete 4 inch lift kit we hope will meet the needs for many within the G Off Roading and Overlanding community including all necessary parts to correct suspension geometry. This kit isn't just for looks, it's fully functional and off road capable!
We currently recommend this for LWB (4/5 door models) only. SWB (2/3 door models) may not take the lift correctly as they are much lighter and will cause the truck to sit beyond 4 inches of lift and may require further modifications to perform correctly. 460/461 models have not been tested with this lift so ride height gained on those is still unknown. We are willing to try anything but want to consider some factors before giving approval.
Items Included (Optional Items Italicized):
-JWO 4 Inch (100mm) Lift Springs
-*Longer Shocks (Koni Raid, Fox 2.0 Adjustable, King 2.5 Adjustable, King/JWO Custom 2.5 Adjustable Shocks)
-**JWO Caster Correction Offset Bushings
-Eurowise Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard (Track) Bars
-Extended Brake and Locker Lines
-Fox Steering Stabilizer w/ Extension Bracket
-H&R Wheel Spacers (none/30mm/50mm)
* Fox and King Shocks may have extended lead times if not in stock. Please reach out for ETA/availability before purchase.
** If you are interested in swapping the Caster Correction Offset Bushings for Upgraded Control Arms, reach out to us for a quote.
The most common challenges we have heard in the past were:
1. Needing to be able to clear a larger tire than a 33" without rubbing the wheel well and suspension components
2. Not going extreme with other suspension components/modifications necessary for the lift and making the lift as much plug and play as possible
3. Having a rear spring that accommodates for more weight in the rear for long expeditions and heavily weighted overlanding adventures but still providing enough travel/extension for aftermarket shocks without the risk of a spring coming loose
How did we fix this?
With any lift higher than stock, as you increase height, the track of the tires begins to shift towards the driver side and your tires will poke out more on the driver side than the passenger side. Not fixing this can cause your vehicle to lean to one side, sit uneven, throw false caster readings, and cause rear steer. All of which can be eye sores and can cause problems while driving. Because of this, we include the Eurowise Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard Bars with this kit to line up the tires and axle to the center of the truck. With these adjustable bars, you can get the exact track you desire with finetuned adjusting rather than relying on a solid track bar that would only allow for one setting and only work at one specific lift height.
We also include the Fox Steering Stabilizer to allow for more ease in steering since larger tires are being added and that weight causes more work to be needed when steering. Extended Brake and Lockers Lines are also included as they make the installation easier and prevent the factory lines from being over stretched when drooping your wheels down. Lastly, if you are using a factory wheel (rim) or aftermarket option that does not have a wide stance/offset, we give the option to add the H&R Wheel Spacers to make sure the tires do not contact the wheel well when turning or articulating the tires into the wheel well. These spacers are technically "adapters", not the "disks" you may have heard of before. The adapters we sell come with their own set of bolts to connect the spacer/adapter to the wheel hub and the factory bolts are used to connect the wheel to the spacer/adapter for increased load distribution and best results and safest use. We will never sell disks because of the problems we have heard of in the past.
Finally, we currently offer this lift kit with the option to include the Koni Raid Shocks, the Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks, the King 2.5 Adjustable Shocks, or the King/JWO Custom Shocks. These feature longer extension lengths than factory options to allow for increased droop and wheel travel while off roading. Other options may become available in the future but these are our main options for now. Be advised that the Fox and King Shocks are difficult to keep stocked and when out of stock, lead times could be several weeks/months. If you are considering either of those options, please reach out to us for an ETA.
- The Koni Raid shocks are only semi adjustable but have a 2.75 inch diameter and are very responsive on and off road due to their large volume of fluid. They are also 100% bolt on and don't require any modification to fit on any model G Wagon.
- The Fox 2.0 Shocks are smaller in diameter (2.0") but have a remote reservoir and adjustable knob so you can fine tune your ride as you go. They fit with little to no modification - in some cases, the wheel well liner may need to be trimmed to properly fit the remote reservoir hose but no other modification is required.
- The King 2.5 Shocks have the second largest body diameter (2.5") but with the added remote reservoir, they hold the most fluid overall. However, the King shocks will require trimming the wheel well to fit the remote reservoir hose as well and on 2013 and newer G63 AMG models, they will require cutting a mounting bracket off the G to fit. G55, G500, and G550 models do not require this modification.
- The King/JWO Custom 2.5 Adjustable Shocks feature the same baseline design as the King 2.5 shocks including the remote reservoirs and 2.5" diameter shock body and we had a custom extension length created specifically for our 4 inch lift to allow for added travel during serious off road use. These shocks feature more down travel and allow for more droop than any other off the shelf shock made for the G Wagon.
- Because you are lifting the center of gravity of your truck, you should consider a slightly stiffer setting on your shocks to minimize increased body roll while on road.
*Although this kit is all inclusive and capable of functional on and off road use, we strongly encourage using caution (as you always should) during the installation and use of this kit. Please familiarize yourself with all parts provided and the new handling of the vehicle immediately. Jack Wagon Overlanding will not be held responsible for any problems, damages, losses, or faults that come with or after the installation of this kit.
*Cruise control aka Disctronic Plus will most likely be inoperable with this level of lift and speedometer will show a lower speed than you are going. Older models may be able to reprogram the tire size in the computer to correct speedometer but the front bumper sits too high for Distronic to operate correctly. This is unavoidable at this height hence why 4x4 squareds and the 6x6 G Wagon do not have cruise control.. Further, depending on the tire size and wheel offset you go with, it is still possible for some rubbing to happen in extreme conditions. We recommend tire sizes between 35x11" - 35x12.5" (or metric equivalent tires) depending on your wheel width with an offset no higher than +20 for best results. This would mean adding a 50mm wheel spacer to most stock wheels.